Credit for the chakra yoga sequences come from Mark Stephens’ book, “Yoga Sequencing.”
Here we are with our solar plexus/manipura chakra 🔥 I was expecting a lot of core work, but the rest was a bit of a surprise!
Join me for my experience following a solar plexus chakra sequence 😊 Here are the basics of what I learned:
- solar plexus chakra = manipura chakra in Sanskrit
- core work and arm balances 😰
- each pose is held for approximately 5 breaths
- focus on fire in the breath and in the body
- stones: citrine and Libyan desert glass
- meditation pose: rudra mudra in Virasana
- mantra: “Ram”
This is the first chakra sequence to introduce a breathing technique other than Ujjayi. During the sequence and before meditation, I practiced Kapalabhati breathing, AKA skull-shining breath. For a in-depth demonstration of this pranayama, check out THIS video.
I hope you join me In learning how the rest of the chakras and yoga integrate with each other. Or perhaps you’ll at least find my experience interesting, amusing, or worth a few minutes of your time 🤗
See you for the next one!